Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Merino Lace

Cathy and Lynn worked this morning so that I could have a bit of sleep. It was after 3 this morning when I finally climbed into bed.
Cathy was wearing an awesome scarf.

Pattern: Non Troppo (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 1 ball of Freia Merino Lace in Aurora and 3 balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze. I believe that the colour is Hurricane - I forgot to check that.

There are two lace yarns from Freia on the website. This is a new lace. It is a bit softer than the original and has better yardage.

Fiber: Two ply 100% US Merino (Cruelty-Free)
Care: Hand wash
Ball: 75g/2.64 oz - 651 meters/712 yards
​Gauge: 32-40 sts/40-50 rows over 4” on US5 (3.75mm) needles


Right now we have
-Mist
-Quartz
-Ice Queen
-Metropolis
-Aura (pictured)
-Chinook
-Coho
The two new colours, Orchid and Pt. Reyes, will be our next shipment which I hope we will see in a few weeks.
I finished the next section of my shawl. Now I will be alternating between the two skeins and then a full section of the beige. 
Roko and Lucy were very comfortable when we had dinner with dad. If you lay under the table then good things can happen like someone drops food on the floor.
Now it's bed time. Our house is being painted and they are going to be here early in the morning. We need to move things on the main floor and take down all the curtain rods. The builder fixed nail pops but we haven't had time for the painters. I'm so excited. No more builder beige - our main floor will be painted grey. Then when that is finished my bedroom and ensuite are being painted.

No comments: