Monday, July 03, 2017

Packing

I need an easy airplane project. The Issa Cowl (pattern purchased on Ravelry) fits the bill. It is knit with Spincycle Yarns Dyed in the Wool which will be coming in August. We will have copies of the pattern in the store with the yarn.

The ribbing is fair isle and the pattern is mosaic knitting.

Read the whole article about Mosaic Knitting on Knitty.com
If you've stuck to knitting in single colors, or maybe just ventured into stripes, here's some good news: You can achieve what appear to be complicated color patterns while using only one yarn at a time!
I brought two skeins home from TNNA and can't wait to start.

Free Your Fade came along while I had my pedicure this afternoon.

In the past I have packed the suitcase in my bedroom. That means dragging a full (sometimes heavy) suitcase down the stairs. I've learned. I bring everything downstairs and lay it out on the kitchen table. Then I can take inventory before packing.

My day started way too early (especially for a day off) so I'm going to knit a few rows and then head to bed. I won't get Free Your Fade finished before I go but I'm getting closer.

No comments: