Monday, June 06, 2016

Shawl of Destiny

For some reason I was up very early this morning (crazy because the store is closed today so I could have slept in) so I finished a newsletter and sent it out and then I started on today's post. All before 8am.

In the newsletter I mentioned my trip to Washington to see what is new for fall. We received a sneak peek from Freia and here are some new colours that Tina will be introducing at the show.
We are proud to introduce our new neons, comprised of four ombré colorways cleverly named after the elemental gases that produce these distinctive shades.

HELIUM comprises of a buttery yellow that delicately contrasts with an intense segment of "Lemondrop". KRYPTON begins and ends with a subtle pistachio shade and features a splash of "Grasshopper" green. XENON hues range from dusty lilac to bright "Thistle," and NEON moves from peach to orange-stunner "Tobiko" and back again.
I can't wait to see these in person.

Have you decided on which pattern from Ambah O'Brien to knit for the KAL? Here is another great shawl.
Do you have skeins of contrasting yarn that are destined to be together, the Shawl of destiny began with a colour combination that was haunting me - they were destined to become my new favourite shawl.
The triangular shape lends itself to many wearing options; scarf, shawl, kerchief style and more. The pattern is a combination of textures and colour, with satisfying garter stitch sections interspersed with geometric lace a fresh and modern combination.
The lace takes some concentration and is both written and charted. Worked from the top down.
Pattern: Shawl of Destiny (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 2 skeins of fingering weight

A couple of things about the KAL.
-We have asked you to post pictures in our Ravelry group. Some people don't have access to Ravelry, don't have the time or don't know how to post pictures. Email me your pictures and I will post them for you. Let's share as many great photos as we can.
-The prize is an ebook of patterns so we aren't mailing anything out. We don't have to limit the KAL to knitters from Canada this time.

Don't forget that you have until August 31 to finish your knitting. We've given you lots of time and you could surprise yourself at how fast you can finish a project.

Now it's time to get myself ready to head out. There are many chores to get ready for our trip. I would like to be home by noon because yesterday's Nascar race was rained out so I can watch and get my shawl finished.

No comments: