Saturday, October 03, 2015

Limited Edition

Mrs. Crosby has been busy.
I am simply over the moon to announce the first in what I intend to be an ongoing series of such discoveries: a limited edition of a fascinating yarn, available nowhere else and never to be repeated.
May I present, please: Ombra della Sera. Evening Shadow. This intriguing, luxurious chain-ply was milled in Prato, Italy from 90% cashmere and 10% nylon for a dashing combination of softness and durability. On needles US 6-7 (4-5mm) it knits at a gauge of approximately 4.5-5 stitches to the inch. The put-up is 50 grams (approximately 110 yards) per hank
This is a very, very limited edition yarn. It should be in the store at the end of next week.
These are three special edition colours that will only be available in this yarn.

We also have on order
-Wild Huckleberry
-Hollywood Cerise
-Roasted Chestnut
-Red King Radish

Like I said. It is very limited - not all colours were available. There will be a special pattern available but I can't talk about it yet. As soon as I can, I will share pictures.

I finished knitting an infinity scarf today. I should have taken another picture so it wasn't doubled around my friend's neck but it was raining when I took this and she was complaining.

My goal is to block it tomorrow.
I used two balls of Olympia from Lana Grossa. The pattern is easy and quick to make on 9mm needles.
Make colorful projects quickly with Lana Grossa Olympia. This super bulky yarn is a machine washable blend of wool and acrylic, in a single ply. The marled colors are fantastic and is great for accessories, hats, scarves and cowls.
There are 100m on a ball and it retails for $16.95. Great for Christmas projects.
Today was crazy in the store. Cold and rainy outside means that knitting season is starting. Thanks to all who came in today - I'm sure you're having a great evening starting on a new project. Now it's time for me to get back to a project that needs to be finished for the Fleece Festival. Yikes. Why do I put myself under time constraints like this??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie!

Just a quick note to thank you for always posting to your blog. I love your updates and if I lived in your neighborhood I would certainly be a regular at your shop!

Gail