Tuesday, July 29, 2014

New Store Samples

The first was delivered this morning. Ann knit this amazing shawl/stole/throw.
Pattern: Skomer from Rowan's new brochure Brushed Fleece (not in the store yet but it's coming)
Yarn: 19 balls of Rowan Brushed Fleece (the yarn is in the store)
Needles: 6mm
Knit this womens cabled wrap from the Brushed Fleece brochure designed by Martin Storey using the beautifully soft Brushed Fleece. (extra fine merino and baby alpaca ). With a stunning cable stitch pattern, this knitting pattern is for the experienced knitter. 
After I opened the box, at least 5 people tried to take it home with them. I'm going to have to keep my eye on this :)
Diana dropped in this afternoon with a new sample for the Knitters' Fair. This one might be coming home with me. I love it. The pattern is easy to do and looks awesome.
Pattern: Brickless (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 4 skeins of Mrs. Crosby Steamer Trunk in the colour Flame-Colored Tanger
Needles: 4mm


I've talked about the mini skeins of Classy coming from Dream in Color - they'll be delivered late Thursday afternoon. Here are the colours that will be available. These are a limited offer. When our stock is sold we can't get anymore.


I'm already thinking about the 8 colours that I want to put together.
-Scorched Lime, Kettle Dyed Lost in Plum, Magic Orchid, Kettle Dyed K Chameleon, Navy Zeal, Rosalita - I need 2 more colours but it will be much easier when I have the skeins in front of me to play with.
-Vague Unease, Scorched Lime, November Muse, Torchwood, Cinnamon Girl, Humdrum, Medieval, Strange Harvest
-putting all the kettle dyed colours together will look great
I can't wait to dive into the box.

Don't forget to watch The Amazing Race Canada tonight.

No comments: