Friday, May 25, 2012

My head is empty

It's 6pm and it hit me that I hadn't even thought of a post yet today. There is nothing in my head. I need something to say. Still nothing. It has to be something with pictures and the only thing I can think of right now is to tell you about the Coastal Kids patterns in more detail.

These are super cute. And the sizing is great. It is hard to find patterns for 8-14 year olds.

If you don't have kids to knit for, imagine these patterns in adult size-you will find them in the book Coastal Knits.

Little Oak

This tiny version of the original Gnarled Oak Cardigan from Coastal Knits features a beautiful embossed cabled oak leaf motif. Little Oak is knit in one piece from the bottom up. The sleeves are knit separately and joined at the yoke. Your little one will look adorable in this eye-catching cardigan.
6 months (12 months, 18 months, 2T)[4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14]
6 months to 2T is knit in fingering weight (sock yarn). The bigger sizes are knit in double knitting weight.

Tiny Rocky Coast

This is a tiny version of the popular Rocky Coast Cardigan from Coastal Knits. A smaller gauge than the original design lends itself well to the smaller sizes. This cardigan is worked from the top down in a classic cable pattern that's easy to memorize. The collar is picked up and worked last. Optional instructions for including a ribbon closure are provided.
6 months (12 months, 18 months, 2, 4)[6, 8, 10, 12, 14]
 All sizes knit in fingering weight-sock yarn.

Wee Wildflower

This wee version of the original Wildflower Cardigan from Coastal Knits is a perfect springtime cardigan. This design offers lovely feminine details such as flower motif pockets and a delicate edging. It is knit in pieces from the bottom up and seamed together at the end.
6 months (12 months, 18 months, 2, 4)[6, 8, 10, 12, 14]
Knit in sport weight yarn-something like tosh pashmina or Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Baby

Mini Water's Edge

This mini version of the Water's Edge Cardigan from Coastal Knits will be a sweet addition to any little girls wardrobe. It features a well-placed pleat, flared skirt and elbow length sleeves. Short row shaping at the hem creates a slight curve, mimicking the shape of the shore line. A great piece for all seasons that can be dressed up or down!
To Fit: 6 months (12, months, 18 months, 2, 4)[6, 8, 10, 12, 14]
Knit in worsted weight yarn like tosh vintage or Cascade 220.

I thought I was done and then remembered something else that will be coming. These aren't ready yet-they should be shipping sometime in June. I've known about this project for some time and have been very good about keeping the secret.

Soak, Lorna's Laces and Fiona Ellis worked together on a new Soakbox.

Each Soakbox includes a bottle of Soak and Handmaid luxury creme, in matching scents, stylishly coordinated to premium nail polish and matching Lorna’s Laces custom designed yarn.


Think of the gift possibilities. You could give the kit as it is or you could knit the fingerless gloves, put them back in the box and wrap it up.


The pattern for the fingerless gloves is included in the kit.


Now that my post is out of the way there are two chores for me. Get the store ready for Kate's visit tomorrow and then figure out what we are going to eat for dinner.

Beth just called and asked if I wanted her to go to the grocery store. YES. Then I had to call her back-don't forget to get goodies for Kate. Then I realized that I had no clue what time Kate was coming tomorrow. My head really is empty!!

2 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Wow, just love all of those projects. The first sweater makes me think of chocolate. I need chocolate right now. Yes, chocolate is a food group and I am in need of chocolate....

Seriously, I can't seem to make children's sweaters fast enough. Those are darling designs.

Elizabeth said...

I want all, of those soak kits! Can't wait until they come in!!!!!