Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mountain Colors

I'm a bit tired today. The race lasted late into the night. Things happened in the race that we haven't seen before including a two hour delay for a crash that happened under caution.

The sleeve of Gnarled Oak is finished and on a stitch holder and I went back to the body. I have about an inch and a half until it is done.

Yesterday afternoon I picked up three boxes from the post office. Lots of Mountain Colors yarns and kits.

Warm and Wooly Throw Trio Kits
From Mountain Colors
Warm and Wooly Throw Trio kit. It comes in 8 colorful colorway combinations and includes the patterns for three different designs. There is a pattern for an easy knitted throw, an intermediate lacey knitted throw design and a pattern for a crocheted throw too. Each kit includes THREE of our colorways in an assortment of our yarns....Mohair, Moguls, Mountain Goat and Merino Ribbon.
Garnet...a rich combination of burgundies
Ice...the palest of blues and cream
Log Cabin...rich warm browns
Mountain...majestic purples
Nighthawk...a lovely gray combination

We also received kits for the Yellowstone Scarf. There are five one ounce skeins of Mountain Colors yarns. The scarf is knit on 8mm needles so it won't take long to make.

The kit includes

  • mohair
  • mohair loop
  • missoula
  • wooly feathers
  • merino ribbon


Kits for the cover jacket of Knit Swirl are back in stock.

I love this jacket.

Here are pictures that I took in the Mountain Colors booth at TNNA.

A young lady came in wearing the cardigan on Saturday and it was so crazy in the store that I forgot to get a picture. She did this colourway and it is beautiful.

Each kit contains 10 skeins (9 colours) of Mountain Goat.
A smooth non-fluffy mohair/wool blend that is excellent for doing colorwork and stitch patterns.
Now I need to find a good place to display the kits.

Since starting my post I have come up with an idea. Now I need to get the handyman (my dad) in to help me with my idea.

There was one more yarn in the boxes. Monarch is a new yarn from Mountain Colors.
This wonderfully soft thick/thin yam is a worsted weight and gives a lovely handspun look to your project
100% merino wool
180m/200yards in a 100gram skein

This is the Missoula Mobius. The pattern is free with the purchase of the yarn.

The Great Falls Slouch Hat is another pattern for Monarch.



Knitting class is resuming tonight. The ladies had Valentines Day off and then last week when I was sick. Tonight they will be starting their hat. It is a pattern from Kate Atherley knit in chunky wool.

You can download the pattern from Kate's blog...

We have a twist on Idol tonight. One of four males who were cut is getting to come back. Who will it be??

No comments: