Thursday, February 17, 2011

Best Survivor Ever!!!

After a slow start the evening last night went well.  I didn't get out of the store until 5:30 and we were supposed to be downtown Toronto by 6:45. Driving was great until the 427 then stop and go all the way into downtown. I'm not sure how people can drive in traffic like that every day. We made it to the hall by 7 and I was starting to panic.  I don't like to be late.  We had to get my computer set up and I had some sweaters and yarn to display.  By 7:30 we were done and ready for the meeting to start.  The presentation went well - that is my opinion but nobody booed and I think only one lady fell asleep.  I totally forgot to pull my phone out and get some pictures.

There wasn't time for dinner before the meeting so we grabbed something on our way home.

Guess what, you can't go to sleep right away after eating so we had to stay up and watch Survivor.  That could have been the best season opener ever!!!  If you didn't watch it then find it online.  Seriously amazing.  It is hard to believe that anyone could be that stupid. Fransesca saying that she wasn't worried about Redemption Island because she wasn't going to see it.  Who gets an immunity idol and thinks about playing it at the first tribal council?  I am still shaking my head.  Rob and Russell are great!!

Then we watched American Idol.  Group week is always painful.  There are those mean kids who don't want to let anyone in their group.  The poor young kid who got booted from his group late at night.  I'm glad the judges let him go on even though he forgot the words.  I think they should make up the groups and we can do away with those hours of agony.

Ms. Canada Post came in with a parcel from Lynda today.

I need to go do some shopping because the skirt on my mannequin is hideous.  What was I thinking?

Pattern:  Design 13
Book:  Noro Flowers Book 4
Yarn:  Taiyo colour 18

Tonight I will be watching the new Criminal Minds.  Maybe a bit of knitting too.

2 comments:

Sally said...

I agree with you about Survivor. It was fantastic. I've already watched it twice just to see Jeff's face when the secret agent spills the beans.

Priceless ! ! ! ! !

Unknown said...

Julie - thanks for your presentation to the DKC Knitting Guild last night. What a trooper! Even when feeling under the weather you were well spoken! Take good care.