Monday, December 13, 2010

Shepherd Sock

I am going to start off with the official stuff first.

I have been running around today-bank, post office, Christmas shopping... Jane is working in the store today.  It is her last day of working before she leaves for Florida.  You will be seeing me on Mondays until March.

She unpacked 3 boxes from Lorna's Laces containing Shepherd Sock in 50gram skeins. Lorna's has switched to 100gram skeins but I need them in 50grams for the Linen Stitch Scarf.

The ladies at Lorna's Laces are amazing and agreed to special dye me skeins so that we can make up kits.

I know what I am doing tomorrow-find somewhere to put the yarn and start making up some kits.

Beth and I got the deal of the century last night. TNNA (the trade show for yarn shops) is coming up at the beginning of January.  We need to be in Long Beach, California on January 6. There is really no sense flying directly to California so we are going to Vegas first for a few days.  We will fly from Vegas into the airport in Long Beach.  This could be the smallest airport I have ever been in.  The luggage carousels are outside!!  Our tickets from Vegas to Long Beach were $19 before tax.  Yes, $19 for a plane ticket.  I couldn't hit the purchase button fast enough.  I don't know how Jet Blue can do it for that price.  There is no fee for baggage and they are going to give us soft drinks and snacks.  Wish we could get these kind of deals on Air Canada.

Beth has started a love affair with The Shopping Channel.  Nothing has been purchased yet but that almost changed last night with a Nescafe Dolce Gusto Circolo.  It will take me too long to type in an explanation so here it is from theshoppingchannel.com
The Nescafe® Dolce Gusto™ Circolo by Krups is a single-cup coffee and beverage system designed with a professional 15 bar pressure comparable to coffee shop machines, guaranteeing a perfect cup and fine milk froth every time. An innovative capsule system makes it easy to use with no mess to clean up. In seconds you can enjoy a delicious drink however you like it, with no fuss at all. Exclusive Thermoblock technology heats the water fresh every time, eliminating the stale taste you find in standard coffee machines. Personalize your coffee strength as well as your milk with the custom control lever when preparing both hot and cold beverages. This machine's modern, sleek design was a Canadian Grand Prix Winner for Best Design at the 2010 International Forum of Design. 
I have a Tassimo but find that the beverages are never hot enough.  Also, the new machine lets you make cold drinks as well.  Does anyone have a Dolce Gusto Circolo??  Heard anything about it??

1 comment:

Fifi said...

I think my friend has that coffee maker and loves it. The cappuccino she made for me was awesome. She did mention that the selection of pods is much better in the states - "skinny" milk etc. and they don't ship the full selection to Canada ... yet. If skinny milk pods were available in Canada I'd snatch one up in a second.