Saturday, December 18, 2010

Aldred part two

This morning I finished casting off Aldred.  All ends have been sewn in (before Wannietta and/or Rhonda make a comment) and I am wearing it. Love it!!  Want another.  Which colour will I take home?

I made a few modifications to the pattern.  I wanted my tails longer so I did 36 repeats, not 32.  When I was doing the short rows it says to work 3 more stitches than the row before and turn-I did 4.

This morning dad came to hang our pictures in the dining room. We will be adding more pictures in the spring and we were worried that the new ones might not be exactly the same size.  To balance that out we hung them all at different heights.

Jane and her family just left after Christmas dinner.  The food was good and the company was great.


Last year Jane made me a Kaffe Fassett afghan to hang on the wall.  This year she quilted me a wall hanging in Kaffe Fassett fabric.  It is the perfect size to hang over my bed. Another job for dad this week.  :)

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hi, What a great scarf, love the color and texture. The edge sets it apart. Just beautiful!
What a great friend also to make a quilt for you - Kaffe Fassett fabrics are always so nice and well coordinated.

Lois Evensen said...

Very pretty - ALL of it! I love thew scarf.