Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Busy writing newsletters

The past few days have been busy writing newsletters. Monday night I wrote a Sock Yarn newsletter as well as a follow up newsletter after Camp. Tuesday was spent starting a newsletter for Shawl knitters that went out today. Thursday writing a general newsletter??

A new sock yarn arrived from Dream in Color on Monday. Okay, not a new yarn but new colours in Smooshy. Great colours!! I am thinking of having Rhonda knit a scarf in it for me-I know, I could knit my own but I have a different yarn set aside. The pattern calling my name is Ishbel on Ravelry-take a look. Rachel was in the store yesterday wearing it and it is beautiful.

'Latest Sock Newsletter' with pictures of the individual skeins.

I have talked about the knitting book Knit One Below in previous newsletters and blog posts. Wannietta taught a class at camp and the students started working on a scarf. The pattern is in the book or available free online (scroll down to Inside Outside Scarf). I would like to take credit for the scarf but Wannietta knit it. She suggested two contrasting yarns for the students first project-we used 2 balls of Vero and one skein of Cascade 220.

This is a simple scarf I knit at Camp in Bocciolo from Filatura di Crosa. Cast on 12 stitches with 12mm needles and knit every row.

This scarf was started at camp on 12mm needles with Naturally Aspire Super Chunky. Bev and I collaborated on the pattern. Okay, we went through some of Cookie's Japanese pattern books and picked out an easy lace stitch.

It is now finished (with the ends sewn in).

Mom and dad are off again tomorrow so we are squeezing in dinner between closing the store and knitting class. Dad calls tonight's class 'the regulars'. They will amuse themselves until I get here. After class I might get in a few episodes of Y&R. There are at least 3 weeks worth to watch and I better get caught up!!

No comments: