Friday, July 31, 2009

I can't wait to have a bigger store

What was I thinking? Four huge boxes of Sirdar yarns arrived today and there is no where to put it.

The boxes included
-Snuggly DK and 4ply
-Tiny Tots
-Crofter DK
-Escape DK
-Escape Chunky

Baby Bamboo is a customer favourite for knitting baby and childrens garments. Five new colours arrived in the boxes. This is colour 130-a bright purple.

129 is called Banjo Blue-a bright blue.

I have left out 128 because the name speaks for itself. Tigger.

Skittle. Where does that name come from? I immediately think candies.

Colour 127 is a deep navy blue.

Rocking Horse is a deep blue red. What a great colour for an adult sweater.

There is a new baby book called Little Stars in Stripes. Cute patterns-just like we have come to expect from Sirdar. All patterns in the book (ages newborn to 7 year old) are also available as leaflets. This is my favourite. It almost makes me want a little girl. :)

Rowan sent me images for the new Colourscape Folk magazine so I could put them on the website. There were pictures for three garments that aren't in the magazine. I have learned that Rowan is offering these as free patterns on their website. The first pattern is now up-Cora-a great chunky scarf. You can download the pattern here.

I did get to the neck shaping on Iris last night. Maybe pictures tomorrow if I get the front done tonight.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

That scarf is really cool. I want that yarn!

Samantha said...

I have a little girl -- that pattern would be adorable on her!!