Wednesday, August 29, 2007

House, dogs and new yarns

Sorry-I have been very slow making posts. I am surprised my mom hasn't said anything.

In the apartment, the computer was in the kitchen beside a TV. It was very easy to sit down, turn on the TV and write a post. Now I have to go upstairs and there is no TV. I usually run up and check my messages and then back downstairs to knit. I am getting more knitting done now!! There are also more chores to do in the house. The first being keeping it clean. I am sorry to say that our apartment looked like a tornado hit it but the house is very neat and orderly. Everything gets put away in it's proper place now.

This is our new mirror. The big picture didn't capture the colours so I took a close up. It was definitely worth the wait to get the colour we wanted.
Roko and Melo absolutely love the new house. They are resting after a round of playing. It is fun to go into the unfinished basement and wrestle. The top picture is Melo and Roko is sleeping at the front door. Roko is already bigger than Melo and he is only 9 months old.


We just received in a new shipment of Dream in Color Smooshy Sock yarn. Every colour arrived but I can't say how long we will have them for. You can have either of these patterns free with the purchase of a skein of Smooshy.



Yesterday afternoon three large boxes of Sirdar yarns arrived. There is a great new baby yarn called Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK. The yarn is a blend of 80% Bamboo and 20% Wool. It is machine washable and there is a pattern book with lots of great designs.

Hug is 50% wool and 50% polyester. There are 6 colours along with a great pattern book.

Has anyone been watching Canadian Idol? I live in Ancaster which is just on the outskirts of Hamilton. The city is in full 'vote for Brian Melo' mode. I was driving home yesterday afternoon and a lady was holding up signs at a traffic light that read 'Honk for Melo'. My parents don't watch the show but they are keeping up to date on his progress.

No comments: