Sunday, May 06, 2007

Thank you Mary





Here are some pictures of our townhouse. We didn't pick the wall colour but are going to keep it for the time being. Because the walls are so tall it needs something with a punch.

Beth and I did our offer yesterday morning with the real estate agent. We have to wait for tomorrow to get the builder's answer. There was a lot of signing my name-sometimes I wish my last name was Smith.

I then ran to Toronto to Diamond yarns to see the new yarns for fall. Rowan is fabulous. I will have more information in my next newsletter about the two new yarns as well as some information on the new books. Debbie Bliss, Elsebeth Lavold and Noro are all bringing out new yarns and great colours to the existing yarns.

Last night a few yarn shop owners got together for dinner at Mary's house. Mary owns Mary's Yarns in Unionville. Ann (Wool-Tyme Kingston), Louise (LK Yarns Halifax), Mary's children Lynn, Emma and Ben, her husband Mark, her employees Kersti and Christine and myself had a fun evening. We discussed the good and the bad of owning a yarn shop-mostly the good. We shared strategies and horror stories. Thank you Mary and Mark for preparing the dinner. Your house is beautiful and the gardens are spectacular!!

Dinner lasted a long time so I stayed in Scarborough last night so that I could go to Estelle Designs this morning. There are some great new sock yarns coming for fall.

I am going to relax this afternoon and watch the Nascar race-thank you for being rained out last night.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about the name thing - a nice little 'un like Amy or Kay would come in handy! LOL

Good luck with the offer.

Quail Hill Knits said...

Wishing you good thoughts in closing your deal!

Anonymous said...

When your last name is Smith, people think you are lying and ALWAYS ask "Is your name really Smith?" Equally as annoying as having to continually spell your last name.
The place looks awesome and I really like the colors.

Dorothy said...

Love the townhouse. I hope closing goes well and easy.