Monday, April 30, 2007

More about the house

Beth and I have decided on the townhouse with the large, open kitchen. We went and visited again today and are happy with the decision. Now just waiting for the bank to approve our mortgage. It should have gone through this morning but both of us have had a credit card stolen. Our credit reports are flagged and now head office has to okay it. Maybe tomorrow. If all goes well (fingers crossed) we should take possession by the middle of June.

We spent the afternoon furniture shopping. Nothing was right for what we want-obviously we weren't in the furniture shopping mood. When I came home I went on the internet looking at other area furniture stores we didn't go to. Beth asked me to put the following bedroom sets up for you to help her with her choice.

9 comments:

Samantha said...

Congratulations and good luck! :) Tell Beth if I were choosing from those three sets I'd choose the silver/black set.

I love the look of the kitchen/house you chose. :)

Joy L. said...

ok, you got to give me more choice than that!

Unknown said...

Love the house you picked. Knowing Beth, I would go for the silver/black
set.

Shirley said...

I like the shape of the pink one. Second choice is the black set.

Rhonda said...

The silver and black are just to Jetson's for me. And the other 2 are just not Beth. Keep looking.

theresa said...

Ok, the choices are jokes, right? Because I had a good laugh when I saw the pics. The first one has a swan or goose look! The next two aren't sooo bad.
I hope I haven't offended anyone...

Julie said...

Theresa
The choices are a joke. When Beth saw these she told me that they had to go on the blog.

...Sarah said...

LOL thankfully they were a joke. I think the eighties called and wants that white bedroom set back. Although I am more a mission-style person so anything cushioned gives me grief.

Congratulations on the house. An open kitchen will get much use.

theresa said...

PHEW, yes, of course I knew it had to be a joke. :)) Gorgeous new homes deserve great furniture, not wacky furniture. I'm a personal fan of Mission myself. If you don't mind driving to Fergus (near Guelph), Wellington Interiors sells a great line...