Friday, December 29, 2006

Store Hours

I have been thinking about changing our store hours starting in February. Many people ask if we stay open late any nights of the week. I am in the store 5-6 days and teach at least 2 nights a week. This doesn't include time for post office, bank, paperwork or my other 2 businesses. I am thinking of changing the hours on Fridays from 10-5:30 to 12-7. Please comment on your thoughts. If you aren't on blogger and want to comment, please email me.

Somedays I am surprised by how many people read my blog. I get people asking every day about Roko and Melo. Today I had a lady in the store who came to buy Noro-she heard it was on sale from her sister who lives in England and reads my blog.

I have been knitting a scarf-that's it. The week between Christmas and New Year's is always incredibly busy. We get out of town visitors who are in the area visiting family. We have had visitors from all over Ontario. We've also had a few visitors from the US including Betty.

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

The hours sound great. You can do you post office and banking in the am.

Michelle said...

Love the idea of extended hours on Friday!!! I can come up after work.

Unknown said...

Not that I'll come all that often, but I could even head out & make it before closing on a Friday!

BTW - the %bar link is working if you were still looking to make some.

theresa said...

The evening hours sound great! Thanks, Julie, for helping my husband pick out my new J.P. knitting bag!! It's awesome! I really had no idea, he just said he got me something practical, so I assumed I was getting something for the kitchen... I'll be using this till I'm 80!

Julie said...

Theresa-I'm glad you like the bag. He couldn't decide which one but I am glad he picked that one!! Something for the kitchen would be very boring.

Betty said...

You found my blog! Well done!

I enjoyed visiting your shop. The Fleece Artist sock yarn and Handmaiden sea silk is amazing!

Samantha said...

I think those hours sound great.

Anonymous said...

I think staying open later on friday is a great idea.