Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Malabrigo

What a beautiful day. It has us thinking about spring in the store.
This is Lynn’s Rock It Tee. She used 3 balls of Juniper Moon Pollock on 3.75mm needles. Lynn finished this last fall and didn’t get much wear out of it. She will soon.

The pattern was designed by Tanis Lavallee and you can purchase it on her website. From Tanis

I used to think that summer knits weren’t for me, boy was I wrong! There is nothing more comfortable than an easy breezy knit top. Over the past few years I’ve been working steadily towards building up my summer knits wardrobe. I’ve got a few summer knits in my closet now but what I realize was missing is a staple, go-to, v-neck tee. I’ve chosen to create tone on tone stripes by alternating between fingering and mohair yarn in my favourite shade of blue, but this basic shape lends itself to infinite possibilities when it comes to stripes and colour blocking.

Knit top down, flat until the neck shaping is complete and in the round after that.







We received an email today that an order from Malabrigo is leaving the US today and we should see it early next week. What’s in the boxes???

Rasta
  • Pearl Ten
  • Paris Night
  • Lettuce
  • Archangel
  • Porrinho 
Rios
  • Glazed Carrot
  • Cowboy
  • Aniversario 
  • Natural 
  • Tormenta 
  • Candombe 
  • Aguas

In my head I made a few more kits for The Temperance Shawl.







These should have been up with the spring section but .... We’ve received new summer leaflets from Sirdar. I have started adding them to the website. More will be added but I’ve been in front of the computer long enough today. 

These patterns are knit with Sirdar Cotton DK.
A fabulous cotton double knitting yarn for hand knit and crochet projects. The yarn is made using mercerised cotton to create a subtle sheen and incredible stitch definition so it’s the perfect yarn for lace knitting, cables and crochet work. With a wide range of flattering inspired by summer holidays, you'll find the perfect shade for any sunny project. Cotton DK is a classic double knitting yarn that will knit to all Sirdar’s DK designs and is machine washable.
 
Beth is tapping her foot because she wants to watch The Voice from last night. It’s knitting time.

No comments: