Sunday, November 17, 2019

Stockings

“Start a creative tradition!” 
In three sizes: Wee, Medium and Jolly Big. And in any length you like. Use these simple shapes and add your own personal touches. We’ve given you a few ideas to get you started, but the possibilities are limitless. They’re sure to prompt a hearty “Ho! Ho! Ho!” from St. Nick.
This is the Basic Christmas Stockings pattern from Churchmouse Yarns. You can purchase the pattern in the store or on Ravelry.
Churchmouse used worsted weight yarn for all their stockings. I suggest Cascade 220 and Cascade 220 Heathers. The colour range is huge.


I made this stocking last year. The yarn is Cascade Magnum and I finished the stocking in two evenings.

You need a 12mm, 40cm circular and 12mm double pointed needles.

The pattern is called Knit Before Christmas Stocking and it is free on Ravelry. There are a few rows of Short Rows in the heel. They are super simple - please don't let this stop you from making the stocking.


I used 50 yards of the Ecru and 25 yards of the Poinsettia. There is enough left from the skeins to make another stocking like this and then one more reversing the colours.  
I used the same pattern to make stockings for our mantel. The outside stockings are knit with Freia Bulky. For the middle stocking I used two strands of Prism Plume. This isn't on the website but we have the yarn in the store.

We just received two new colours of Freia Bulky.

Our shipment of Malabrigo is supposed to arrive on Wednesday. There are great colours of Rasta coming. I know that there will be at least one colour in the shipment that I will make a few more stockings with. Lucy and Boscoe need stockings too.
Whole Grain
Arequita. These two look like they might work with our colours but I will wait until they arrive. Photos are always a bit different than the actual skeins.

I cast off my Nightshift after dinner. This one is really bright. It is Noro Ito 16 & 17.

Miss Lucy spent last night with us. Dad had to work - they were doing repair work in Milton and couldn't start until 5pm. He left Milton at 1am and we decided it was better for him to get home to sleep.
Lucy laid on the landing most of the evening waiting for dad to pick her up. Then she moved to my bed and stayed all night. Boy does she give off a lot of heat.
We took her back this morning and she was so happy to see her dad.

No comments: