Friday, January 11, 2019

Another Wall

This is Alex's Harlow Hat - another pattern from Andrea Mowry that you can purchase on Ravelry.
When I cast on this hat, my intention was to design my ideal, go-to hat pattern. A perfect jumping off point for beginner briochers to try on their newly acquired skills - this hat is great for any gender or age, and the color possibilities are infinite! We all need a dependable hat pattern right?? This is the pattern I know I can depend on for stash busting, wardrobe enhancing, or a quick gift for someone I love! 
Alex used tosh merino light with Spincycle Dyed in the Wool. The top picture has merino light as the dominant colour and the bottom picture is the Dyed in the Wool as the main colour.

Brian Smith has a new pattern that uses 2 balls of Noro Ito. He used colours 1 and 12 for his shawl.




Dad and Beth came and put up the last wall. Or so they think. My mind is still working. Lynn and I have the store looking good. We got rid of a lot of baskets that were on the floor - I didn't know we owned that many baskets.

It's time to start packing. Actually, it's laundry time. And winding yarn time. Chevron Shenanigans is coming with me. I have the pattern memorized and I am really enjoying knitting the shawl.

No comments: