Saturday, May 19, 2018

Modified Fading Point

I couldn't help myself. I was going through the new Hedgehog and put together a Fading Point using one of the new Potluck colours.

From left to right
Sorry Not Sorry
Potluck 1550 (we are on the only store to have this colour)
Pinky Swear
Naive
Harajuko

The new kits from Mrs. Crosby are beautiful in real life. Diana has taken the denim kit to knit up for the store.


Diana just finished a Fading Point for her nephew's wife. It is gorgeous - she used Rockshelter Sock. We made up a kit for her colours - it is #27.
We have had customers comment that they think the shawl is too big. Diana's isn't quite as big. Sometimes you read the pattern wrong. You think you know what you're doing and off you go. Then you realize that you missed some rows. That happened to Diana. She was so far in that she decided to keep going with her modified version. We really like it. You are supposed to knit the lace section, then a bit of fading and then 16 rows (8 ridges) of one colour. Diana left these rows out. She goes lace, fading then lace.
She came in about 4:30 yesterday afternoon and I should have taken pictures. It was sunny and beautiful out. Today it is rainy and foggy. I hope the sun comes out soon.
Dad and Beth are shopping at Terra. I received a text asking if I liked this for my store. Of course I do!
I'm a little jealous that they are having fun in the flowers.

I am so early today. Blogging is so much easier on days with lots of pretty pictures.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

I love seeing all of your pretty yarns. The pinks are so lovely. My daughter, however, loves grays so I know which ones she would pick. Ohhh, and flowers, too! Lovely post. ;)