Thursday, May 03, 2018

Airplane Scarf

At the Frolic I got talking to a customer who has made the Airplane Scarf. She mentioned something about single stranding the yarn. What??? I'm double stranding mine. I didn't even read the pattern. Just cast on and went. Boy am I dumb. It's not the Airplane Scarf anymore. It is the Ombre Cowl Hood.

I could rip it out and start again but I'm over half way through the yarn and taking out mohair isn't fun. And I don't like to rip out. It is going for a small time out. Every time I look at it I am mad at myself.  I kept wondering how mine was going to be as long as the one in the picture.




This is the Ombre Cowl Hood that I knit in Rowan Kidsilk Haze Stripe a few winters ago. It's great and keeps you really warm. Just wasn't my plan. (It is also great airplane knitting :))

They're finally here!
DMC Hug This! is a super-soft and fluffy plush toy that hugs a plump skein of variegated yarn just right for knitting a blanket. When you finish the blanket, roll it up and tuck into the toy’s open arms for a special gift. Includes plush toy and variegated yarn.



The store is in order. The website has been updated. Lynn and Cathy have their lists. Orders were placed. We made up a few more Fading Point kits. They have been added to the website.





I think we're ready to go. Most of what we need is already in Myrtle Beach. And if it isn't then we'll go shopping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, Love the Hug This. What is: yarn composition and price? Are they on the website? I tried to find them but no success.
Peggy

Julie said...

Hi Peggy
The kits are $26. The yarn is 100% acrylic. They aren't on the website-I didn't have time to get them up.