Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Half and Half

I remembered tonight that I was going to knit the Half and Half Cowl from Churchmouse Yarns for Camp. We have patterns in the store or you can purchase it on Ravelry.
The first half of this ribbed cowl is knitted flat to split over one shoulder or create an opening in the front or back. Then, it’s joined in the round for a softly draping cowl or collar. Tubular cast-on and bind-off lend a sophisticated, ready-to-wear finish. Frontwards, backwards, upside down—wear it any way you like!
The pattern asks for a tubular cast on. It is a technique that I haven't tried so I decided to do a regular cast on. I might be regretting that decision next week but time isn't on my side. This way customers can see what my edge looks like and decide which way they want to cast on and off.

The yarn is Brushed Fleece from Rowan.

Plush, chunky-weight Rowan Brushed Fleece yields an extremely cozy cowl. A knitterly version of the Northwest’s ubiquitous polar fleece, it’s a super-soft blend of extra fine merino and baby alpaca. Warm and insulating, but remarkably light, Brushed Fleece has a rustic charm and a range of natural colors. Plus, all that chunky fluff means you will be snuggled up in your cowl in no time!
It's time for the finale of The Amazing Race. And some knitting.

No comments: