Friday, September 15, 2017

Popover

The ends are sewn in and I'll block it tomorrow evening.
Pattern: Bambara Wrap (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 4 skeins of Uschitita. Our next shipment from Uschitita should be arriving in November. Steffi is in medical school and has major exams in October. I wish she could get me yarn sooner but I have to be patient.

A box is on the way to Wannietta and she is going to knit something for me.
The Flat Rib Popover from Churchmouse Yarns in Woolstok. We have patterns in the store or you can purchase it on Ravelry.
Whether you wear it with denim or tailored pieces, this simple layer will have you dressed and out the door in a flash. It tapers imperceptibly to the hem for a boxy shape that doesn’t flare at the bottom. Dropped shoulders create a flattering line. The subtly textured rib pattern results in a smooth, flat finish that’s nice inside out, too.
I debated what to send Wannietta. I really want the Striped Linen Stitch Wrap too. Lynda might get that. She is very good at Linen Stitch.
The decision will be colour. Churchmouse Yarns did swatches for three different colour combinations of Rowan Felted Tweed.

Coast 
2 skeins each 159-Carbon, 195-Boulder; 1 skein each 191-Granite, 172 Ancient, 194 Delft, 190 Stone, 177 Clay, 197 Alabaster
Moor
2 skeins each 145-Treacle, 196-Barn Red; 1 skein each 153-Phantom, 186-Tawny, 172-Ancient, 175-Cinnamon, 157-Camel, 190-Stone
Meadow
2 skeins each 173-Duck Egg, 161-Avocado; 1 skein each 190-Stone, 184-Celadon, 197-Alabaster, 165-Scree, 177-Clay, 185-Frozen

I think it will be Coast - the colourway of the pictured wrap. It will look great with denims and greys. Two colours I love to wear.

No comments: