Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Work Bag Three

They finally arrived. Somehow the wrong postal code ended up on our shipping label. The box was in limbo for a bit but now it's found.
100% Genuine Leather

Hand made in the JUL Studio
Large measures 19 inches wide at bag opening X 6 inches high X 8 inches deep with 20 inch handles

Work Bag Three was originally created as a harvest bag for gathering produce while working in the garden.  I wanted something shallow so that vegetables were not piled so deep that things at the bottom were crushed by things at the top.   I didn't want to buy anything.  I didn't want anything bulky like a basket. My solution was this shallow leather bag with fairly short handles in a thick, sturdy leather that would hold its shape, staying open during harvesting and not crushing in on the contents when it was full.  After I finished the bag and used it in the garden I fell in love with its characteristics for other purposes -- as a project bag for knitting, art supplies, picnics, carrying tools, so many uses! 
The bags are $175.50. We have one black (someone took him home) and two brown. The bags are awesome.
There are 5-100 gram skeins of Hedgehog Twist Sock in the bag with lots of room to spare.

My Inspira Cowl is finished. I'll block it tomorrow. This is my 6th one - I really like the pattern :)

Pattern: Inspira Cowl (free on Ravelry)
Yarn: Classic Elite Liberty Wool - 2 balls of one colour and one ball of a contrast
Needles: 5mm, 60cm
Version: Steampunk

The pattern isn't difficult. If you haven't knit fair isle, this is a great way to learn.

One project finished. That means I'm allowed to start something new tomorrow. Good thing I brought some yarn home with me.

No comments: