Thursday, October 01, 2015

What will we buy tonight??

Tonight is our annual dinner to raise money for Honduras. My dad loves his trips and especially loves meeting the kids. All money raised tonight goes directly to Honduras. There are no administration expenses. Everyone who goes on a trip pays their own way. None of the money from tonight pays travel expenses. It is a great cause and we are so happy to help out.

I'm writing now because it's a long evening and there won't be time later to write. There is a silent auction and a live auction and we always come home with some great stuff. Dad's paying :)

I talked about the new needle set coming from Knitter's Pride. Here is a picture of the awesome box it will be coming in.
I love it!

Rowan has a new collection of Christmas garments.
A collection of six Christmas themed knits for him and her. Designs range from a simple, cosy buttoned scarf to stunning intricate fairisles.



See the collection on Ravelry...

There is also a beautiful free pattern on Rowan's website...
Knit this stunning fairisle slipover, the member’s exclusive free pattern for September 2015. Designed by Marie Wallin and worked in Rowan Tweed and Colourspun this intricate colourwork design would be suitable for the more experienced knitter. Note that the crochet hook is only used to make the tie cord.
Now I need to get a bit of work accomplished before heading home. I need to figure out what I'm going to wear. And then I'll probably have to iron something. Luckily our family is known as 'the sweater family' so I can get away with wearing a sweater or shawl.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Oh, those sweaters are so pretty!