Thursday, April 03, 2014

Knit in Public Day

I just received an email from the Downtown Hamilton BIA and wanted to share before I forgot
We are in the process of organizing the 2014 Gore Park Summer Promenade. This summer event transforms Gore Park into a festival with vendors, food trucks and live entertainment with over 1500 visitors coming through the park on a given day.



On June 18th​ we're holding a Knit in Public Day in the park and would like to invite your knitting group out to the event from 11am-5pm. We're also hoping to organize a yarn bombing of the park, so if that's something you and your knitters would be interested in please let me know! We look forward to seeing you on June 18th!
This morning I ran out to get the fabric for the Frolic booth and then stopped by the antique shop in Waterdown to look for more suitcases. I found one. `They told me that suitcases are hard to come by. Photographers are buying them up.

Today was my first visit to an antique store. It was interesting. :)
If anyone has an old suitcase hiding in the basement and are willing to part with it for a few days, we could use a few more for the Knitter's Frolic booth.

The box from Moving Mud arrived. Shawl pins and cable needles.




They are awesome. It was hard but I didn't take one. Yet. :)

Mr. Canada Post brought in another parcel as well. This one from Offhand Designs. Lots of bags for the Frolic plus one that I'm debating about. Can't decide if it's coming home with me.
Arya in Sarah Jane. Very spring like. I love the colours. And it's the last one in that fabric. Decisions, decisions....

No comments: