Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Arrows


I was going back through posts to see what I've shown and what I haven't and I was really drawn to the black and white pictures. Here are a couple more.
Diana knit Jetstream for us. It took 2 skeins of the single ply fingering weight yarn.
Lorraine finished Color Craving. This was also knit in the single ply fingering weight - 3 skeins.

Now the decision. What colours to show today. I wasn't too sure about Winter Wheat when I saw it (I like brighter colours) but then I used it in a few different samples. It is great! A terrific accent colour. French Chambray - who doesn't like denim?

I purchased a pattern last night and it could be my next project. Ysolda's Follow Your Arrow Shawl. It is a really neat concept. When the pattern first came out it was a Knit A Long.
There are five clues, and every clue will come with two options either of which builds perfectly from whichever you choose previously. The result is 32 possible combinations – a really mysterious adventure. In addition, it has been designed to work equally well in a solid colour or in stripes of two colours and instructions for both options are included.

If you want some inspiration, take a look at finished shawls... If you want it to be a surprise then don't go here :)

I'm wondering if we should do this as a store KAL. Still pondering how this would work.

My car wasn't happy to be out this morning. The last few days have been beautiful and then snow. Warm up soon - please - I want to go golfing. I have a new driver that I want need to hit.


1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

The "follow your arrow" pattern looks like lots of fun.