Friday, February 01, 2013

The Shawl is Done

I was awake way too early this morning. 6am. I decided to get myself ready and get the day started. My first stop was The Bellagio. Here are pictures.

This is the ceiling by the check in desk. Blown glass flowers by Dale Chihuly. I have to see this every time I am in Vegas. If I was really, really rich I would have him make something for my house. His work is amazing.

Here are some pictures from the Conservatory. It is still decorated for the Chinese New Year.

In case you are missing your garden. The flowers are fabulous!

Can you imagine the work to make this tile floor?

I walked back through the Forum Shoppes (which included a stop at The Cheesecake Factory) and came across lots of commotion at the Mac store. There is a new line coming out next week and it is being launched today in Vegas.

You are going to think that I am exaggerating but there had to be at least 50 people working. The girl I talked to had flown in from California to work.

Archie wasn't dressed yet and didn't really want his picture taken but I told him that I couldn't wait 2 hours until he came on.

Their marketing is amazing. I'm totally jealous. To have that many people shopping in your store at once. Now my mind is racing to come up with something for the yarn store. :)

There should be some knitting related content.

I got some accomplished on the Inspira Cowl. I was supposed to do 12 rows in the first section but mine is 13. Totally forgot that I had to change.

TIP
Count the floats on the back-this will tell you how many rows you have done. You don't need a row counter or piece of paper.

I'm trying to get myself organized for tomorrow while I am writing. My flight is at 7am. You never know how busy the terminal will be so I want to be there early. The last time I flew from it the security line was so long that people were calling the airlines to change their flights while waiting to be screened because they knew they weren't making their flight. I don't want to be one of those.

I just did something I haven't done in years. I ironed my dress pants for tomorrow. Yes, you read it hear. I plugged in the iron, turned it on and now my pants are presentable.

All the ends are sewn in. I will be wearing the shawl tomorrow.

Cathy sent me a text a little while ago to say the Mr. UPS had been in and brought a new book. Scottish Knits by Martin Storey.

"24 exciting and contemporary design projects! Explore a variety of traditional stitches using a rainbow of colors.

What happens when beautifully crafted handknits meet a Scottish sense of color and whimsy? You get an exquisite book of Scottish-influenced designs that knitters will crave, created by renowned knitter Martin Storey.

Scotland has a rich tradition in handknitting thanks to the exquisite hand-dyed yarns that have been spun in the Scottish islands for centuries. Traditional techniques have been handed down through generations, resulting in a treasure trove of stitch patterns, textures, and colors.

In Scottish Knits, Martin pays homage to beautiful Celtic cables and colorwork with 24 stunning and innovative handknits accessible to knitters of all skill levels. The projects include garments, accessories, and home goods, many of which feature different color patterns or textures in a single piece."


I can't wait to see the book.

Now it's time to get myself ready. Then dinner and early to bed. It's going to be a long day tomorrow. Seeing friends, yarn and then dinner out.

No comments: