Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lonely Tree

I'm making progress on the shawl. The pattern is well written. It is only in chart form but it is an easy chart to read. All you need to know is knit, purl, yarn over, slip 1 knit 1 pass slipped stitch over and slip 1 knit 2 together pass slipped stitch over.

Here is a better picture showing the colours. There is almost a shine to the yarn.
I was adding the Spud and Chloe yarns to the new website which meant going to their website. In the free pattern section I found these really cute baby mittens. No thumbs so you can whip them up. Spud and Chloe Sweater (the yarn used) has 29 colours to choose from.

Download the pattern...

Taiyo Lace is a new yarn from Noro for spring. Here are two free patterns.

All you need is one or two balls depending on size.

Download the pattern...

Download the Tunic pattern...

All you need is one ball.

This is as far as I got on my post Saturday morning. The store was busy all afternoon and I didn't get back to it. When I closed the store I went home, changed and was off to the Carpenteros Valentines Dinner. This raises money for Honduras. The funds don't pay for the people who go on the mission trips-they pay their own way there. All money raised goes directly to Honduras for wells, schools, meeting halls and whatever the board thinks is a good cause. The dinner is held in a school gym. The meal is prepared and served by volunteers and we had 180 people for dinner. Beth and I look after the coat check and then are servers for dinner. Do that for an evening and you have a new appreciation for the people who serve you in a restaurant.

We got home about 11pm after helping to clean up and I fell into bed. This morning I woke up achy with a headache, fever, sore throat and a cough. Most of the day was spent in bed or on the couch. You know I wasn't feeling well because I had a ticket to a box at the Raptors game tonight and couldn't go. I'm feeling better now. Going to have a tea and maybe watch a bit of TV before getting to bed and being ready for work tomorrow.

Mr. UPS will have three boxes for us. Two from Rowan and one from Lorna's Laces. Maybe Mr. Canada Post or Mr. Canpar will have some goodies as well.

No comments: