Thursday, May 24, 2012

Good nights sleep

Last night I stopped to see the new townhouse and Beth stopped for pizza. I couldn't go to bed right away (needed to let the pizza settle) so I watched Top Chef Canada from Monday night and the finale of Celebrity Apprentice. I'm not sure I agree with who won but I think Donald picks the winner by their charity-not who did a better job.

By 9 I was in bed and didn't get out until 8:30 this morning. I'm feeling much better today.

Beth stopped at the post office last night to pick up my two boxes. The first was from Lorna's Laces and was full of Solemate including Bigger on the inside.
Also in the box was
-Lorna's Purple Mustang
-Amy's Vintage Office
-Ysolda Red
-Giddings
-Skyway
-Kerfuffle
-Watercolor
-Black Watch
The other was from madelinetosh and is full of Vintage. This is another new colour for us-opaline. I WANT SOMETHING IN THIS!! It is a mauve colour with a very light green. Please send pattern suggestions for this as well. Sweater. Cardigan. Shawl.

I have spent time playing on Ravelry. I found a couple of cardigans that I like

Lilas cardigan
Pole

Now it's time to get back to work. There is yarn to be put away.

I didn't get very far putting yarn away before Mr. Canada Post came in with four more boxes. Three were from madelinetosh and the last was from Alana Dakos and Hannah Fettig.

The Coastal Kids patterns are here. These are in leaflet form-not as a book.

I thought I was done my post and then Mr. UPS came in with a box of Kidsilk Haze and a new book. Knitting with the Color Guys from Kaffe Fassett and Brandon Mably.
Attend a personal workshop with two masters of color as Kaffe Fassett and Brandon Mably share their inspiration and techniques for creating colorful knits.  Kaffe and Brandon lead you through a variety of vibrant palettes, then showcase them in more than thirty designs.
There are some great patterns.
This fine stripes on this romantic, simple to knit stole have been softened by using a hand-dyed effect sock yarn. Designed by Kaffe Fassett & Brandon Mably
The range of colours available in Kidsilk Haze make it easy to create delicate, yet vibrant stripes. It can make a shorter, narrower version working with your own preferred colours. This knitted pattern was design by Kaffe Fassett & Brandon Mably
Pineapple Blanket
The use of Rowan Colourscape creates a brilliant, painterly effect in any large scale design like the knitted pineapple shapes in this big blanket. It is a feast of colour guaranteed to catch the eye in any setting. Designed by Kaffe Fassett & Brandon Mably.


I thought I was done when Mr. FedEx came in with a box from Soak.

Handmaid is here. I will be taking a bottle home with me tonight.

I saw all the misters today-Mr. Canpar was here as well with a box of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Baby and Sirdar Baby Bamboo.

There was no knitting last night but it is on the agenda for tonight. I need to get Breezy done so I can start something new.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love the opaline colourway. Pas de Valse is another drapey cardigan that would suit the Tosh Vintage.