Friday, December 02, 2011

Fernfrost

I mentioned yesterday that an order arrived from Namaste. Mini Messenger bags in black are back in stock. I have two Mini Messengers (okay, one is mine and one is Beth's but I use them both) and love the bag. Even with my laptop in it the bag is light to carry around. If you are flying it is a great carry on bag.

Classic Hip Holsters were in the box as well. All colours are here.

I just spoke with one of my suppliers and we will have more Ondas and Triana arriving next week. They couldn't tell me what colours but I will post when they arrive.

Mom talked with my dad this afternoon. They are back in Tegucigalpa (the capital city of Honduras) and will be flying home tomorrow morning. Their trip has been good but busy. The main job this trip was latrines and concrete floors. Concrete floors sounds easy but they don't have cement trucks that pull up and dump the concrete. They are hand mixing it. He will be very tired and sore tomorrow night and will say that this was his last trip. We know that will change next year when they start talking about going back. His will be the first name on the list.

Fernfrost from Anne Hanson
A fine, nearly-weightless lace scarf which captures the curling, fernlike imprints of frost feathers on cold glass.
Substituting yarn and/or needles may result in an overall variation in size. 
Suggested Yarns: Fearless Fibers Cashmere Laceweight or Merino Laceweight, Sivaya Naturals Cashmere Lace, Louet Mooi, Jaggerspun Zephyr, Jade Sapphire Cashmere/Silk Laceweight, Woolen Rabbit Whisper Merino Lace, Posh Yarn Eva, or any laceweight yarn which has approximately 400 yards per 2 ounces. 
I'm thinking of having this knit in Naturally's Lace. The angora will give the scarf a nice haze.
Finished Size: 10.5”W x 48”L (blocked and stretched) 

Yarn Requirements: 400 yards 

Gauge: 28 sts and 40 rows = 4 inches in stockinette (unblocked; fabric will be relaxed)

Needles: size 2.5US (3.00 mm) or size to obtain correct gauge
I didn't get any knitting done last night. I never made it to the couch. Once my post was published I went to bed. Tonight there won't be any knitting either. We are having dinner with our friends and their kids. I hope I can remember how to knit when I get back to it. :)

No comments: