Tuesday, December 27, 2011

As Promised

I promised you pictures of a finished Spectra and here they are. I finished the knitting last night. I still need to sew in the ends and block the scarf but I'm close.

Pattern: Stephen West's Spectra
We have copies in the store or you can buy on Ravelry

Yarn: 1 ball of Noro Silk Garden Sock (will also work with Kureyon Sock and Taiyo Sock)
1 ball of tosh merino light


On Thursday I received an email from the US post office that madelinetosh had sent me 4 boxes. What is in the boxes? I have no clue. I just called there and am waiting for an email with the specifics. It looks like tosh dk, merino dk and merino. No vintage or tosh merino light.

In yesterday's post I mentioned the game we played on Christmas. Irene had some questions.
-women buy for women and men buy for men
-we do $30-$40 for a gift
-we usually start with the women
-all women's gifts are on the floor and we sit in a circle
-everyone is given a number
-#1 starts and picks a gift
-#2 can take the gift from #1 or from the floor
-#3 can take from #1 or #2 or the floor
-If #3 took from #1 then #1 can take from someone else (not the person who took from her) or from the floor
-after you have been stolen from 3 times the next gift you take is yours-no one can steal from you
-the game keeps going until the last gift is taken from the floor

We always have lots of laughs playing the game.

It is later in the day and I received my invoice from madelinetosh. The boxes include

tosh dk
baltic
well water
clematis
byzantine
smokey orchid
logwood
badlands
cove

merino dk
kale
alizarin
william morris
fragrant

merino
curiosity
william morris
amber trinket
alizarin

sock
charcoal
william morris

I have picked up Tudor Grace (a knitspot pattern that I am knitting in tosh pashmina) again. I'm not sure how long I want the scarf. It is definitely longer than the pattern, which is a good thing, but I have more yarn so I can keep going. Do I want to keep going or get it done and onto something else?

No comments: