Thursday, June 02, 2011

Marginally, Insignificantly, Kind Of...

It is a nice sunny day in Southern Ontario and I should be on the golf course.  :)

In yesterday's post I mentioned starting a new project.  The winner is a new pattern from Hannah Fettig called Breezy. The cardigan is knit from the top down in lace weight yarn on 4mm needles.

I bought the pattern on Ravelry but hopefully we will have copies of the pattern available for sale in the store soon.  This will depend on Canada Post and what happens tonight and over the next few weeks.

The yarn I chose was Silky Alpaca Lace from Claasic Elite.  There isn't a picture today because I'm not sure if I like the tension I am getting.  It is a touch (smidge, not too much, slightly) on the big side.  I am trying to talk myself into liking what has been accomplished so far.  No I didn't do a tension swatch.  I know that I should practice what I preach but I was watching the hockey game and just dove in.

Now that I have started I am going to knit a few more inches and see what happens.  I could be frogging tomorrow.

No comments: