Thursday, June 16, 2011

All Day Post

I started unpacking my suitcase last night.  This is a chore that I really hate.  When getting ready to leave Columbus I threw everything into my suitcase. Maybe if I tried packing a bit better it wouldn't be so bad.

Here are a few more goodies from the show and a long awaited picture of my knitting.

I showed pictures of Berroco's Bar from the show.  This is the cocktail that we could order.

There are four mini balls of yarn for us to try.  What a great idea!!  It is very cute and I'm not sure that I want to open it up.

.
Lorna's Laces has a new sock yarn coming for fall.

Soulmate
55% superwash merino wool
15% nylon
30% outlast

100gram skein
388m (425 yds)

What is Outlast?  It is a climate regulating polyester fiber.  Read more...

There were sweaters, shawls and socks knit up in Columbus.  All felt great to the touch.

Ann likes to knit socks so I am going to have her knit a store sample.

New from KnitWhits-Freia in a laceweight.

70% wool
30% nylon

590m (645 yds) on a 75 gram ball.

From Tina at KnitWhits
To acheive the long color runs in our Flux and Ombré yarns we have developed our own dyeing process. Though labor intensive, the hands-on nature of the process allows us to ensure an even consistency in the yarn and colors over multiple dye lots. Our method also means that though our yarns will match very well from one dye lot to the next, no two balls of yarn will ever be the same. This is most apparent in our “Flux” range where the knitted fabric will have painterly variations that are made more dramatic as the stitch pattern simplifies. 

While I was away the new colours of Kureyon for fall arrived.  These are going to look hot in my log cabin afghan!!

I am working on the Breezy Cardigan from Hannah Fettig.  Here is Hannah's picture.

I am using Silky Alpaca Lace from Classic Elite.

The cardigan is worked from the top down so there are a lot of stitches on my needle.  This makes it difficult to get a picture.  When I get a bit more done it will sit on a mannequin for a better picture.

Somehow I have lost the charger for my camera so right now I am using my iPhone for pictures. The yellow is not yellow but lime green.

I have been working on this post all day and there have been a few complications.  I tried adding the quote from KnitWhits and erased two pictures and the description.  Blogger automatically saves every few minutes so if I mess up at the right time I can recover what I lost. Otherwise it is start again. I am going to hit Publish now before I erase anything else.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That Outlast sounds totally cool - I can't wait to try it!!