Sunday, December 26, 2010

Lazy boxing day

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas.

Christmas day was busy (30 for dinner) but great. Beth and I finally kicked everyone out at 11 and went upstairs to rest on the couch.  I fell asleep and woke up at 5am-moved to my bed and slept until 10.  We finished the rest of the dishes this morning.  I love my wine glasses but they have to be washed by hand.  I don't wash anything but those glasses by hand.  If it doesn't go in the dishwasher it doesn't come into my house.  :)

I am now spending the day on the couch knitting. The ruffles scarf was finished Friday night but I forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it away yesterday.  Today I brought out Wild Saffron.  The back is done and I have about 20 rows to finish on the front.  It is time to get it done so that I can start wearing it.

Just before closing on Friday afternoon Mr. UPS came in with 2 boxes from Berroco.  All the new Berroco books for spring are here including Norah Gaughan Volume 8.

There are 12 patterns in the book calling for Pure Pima and Linsey (new yarn-64% cotton, 36% linen).  The new yarns should be arriving mid-January.

Also in the box were 4 new colours of Berroco Sox along with a book of children's sweaters knit in Sox.

It's time to get back to my knitting.  Have a good afternoon and don't forget that the store will be open again tomorrow.  There will be a few yarns on sale - just working out which ones I want to clear out.

1 comment:

Irene said...

Sounds like a perfect time of year.