Monday, August 31, 2015

Fiberstory Gradient

I've been updating the status on our shipment from Fiberstory and it has crossed the border. I'm being very optimistic thinking it might arrive tomorrow. My best guess is Wednesday.

Many have asked about the pattern for this cowl. Sarah from Fiberstory emailed me and the pattern is called the Crosshatch Cowl (a free pattern) from The Purl Bee.

Sarah made the following modifications to the pattern to work with the gradient kits.
In order to use the gradient kit most effectively, I used the following modifications: 
Cast on 372 sts with darkest color in gradient. (would obviously work starting with the lightest color, as well! 
color 1: Work 5 rounds in pattern 
colors 2-6: Work 6 rounds. 
color 7: Work 5 rounds. 
Bind off in pattern. 
The cast on and bind off rows are counted as the 6th round for the lightest and darkest colors, making each band of color approximately 6 rows wide. 
Sarah used an 8mm needle.

This is going to be a short post. Tonight is our draft for fantasy football. I haven't even looked at it yet. Normally it's like being back in school - studying and making notes. I should take a look at a few websites for a bit of information before we start.

No comments: