Thursday, November 29, 2012

We are good kids

My dad was out tonight so Beth and I took Swiss Chalet over to my parents to have dinner with my mom. It's not too early to start the Christmas sucking up. :) Actually, it started earlier today when mom stopped by the store. She wanted to knit so I gave her some Misti Chunky Handpaint (100% alpaca) and addi needles to make a scarf. I even rolled the skein into a ball for her by hand. I'm a very good daughter.

We're home now and getting ready to watch football. Once my post is done I'm going to get back to some knitting.

I got a bit more done on the Covent Garden scarf today.
I really like it. It almost feels like a silk scarf. It will look great with your black dress coat but I think it will go well with a leather jacket as well. I'm seeing it with a jean jacket too.

We have a new book from Carol Sulcoski. Sock Yarn Studio. Hats, garments and other projects designed for sock yarn.
Knitting socks and knitting with hand-painted yarns are two hot trends. But what are knitters to do with leftover sock yarn? Or when they burn out on knitting socks? Sock Yarn Studio comes to the rescue with a delightful mix of projects--from one-skein hats, mittens, and scarves to multi-skein wraps, sweaters, and more--created with fingering or sport-weight sock yarns. And there's plenty of helpful advice for selecting yarns and knitting smart with tricky hand-paints and self-patterning yarns.
Are you looking for something to do with the sock yarn you have stashed? This book has lots of interesting projects.

No comments: