Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lizard Ridge

Kate Atherley is in the store today teaching two workshops. This morning she taught Lizard Ridge. This is a pattern from Knitty.com.

I have some squares knit and seeing Kate's finished afghan has me motivated to pull mine out and get going on it.
The afghan in different coloured squares is the pattern from Knitty.com knit in Noro Kureyon.
The bright yellow/red/orange/lime afghan is knit in Noro Hitsuji.
Kate calls it Godzilla Ridge and you can see her revisions to the original pattern on Knitty's blog.
The ladies left class with a much better knowledge of short rows and wrap and turns.

This afternoon the ladies are doing a class on lace knitting. I don't want to interrupt them while they are concentrating.

Cathy and I spent the morning doing the last minute packing for Camp. We do a fashion show on Friday evening and my biggest worry is that we forget some of the finished garments. They are all accounted for. We also set up a mini yarn shop and I think we have kits for all the garments that will be on display. Now I just need to pack the little things like knitting needles, accessories (someone always forgets their cable needle or sewing needles) and bags. The last thing to do is figure out the order of the garments for the fashion show and do the program. That is my job this afternoon.

I just stepped outside for a minute and I'm loving the weather. It is much cooler-sweater weather is here!! 

2 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

That looks like so much fun! :)

Anonymous said...

oh how very very pretty