Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mystery Shawl

I am finished Clue #2. Now onto the ends. I am loving working with the tosh merino light.

Sometimes people confuse me. On Ravelry in the Westknits Fan Club group we can post pictures of our shawls as we finish the clues. At the bottom of each post there are buttons you can click.

Educational
Interesting
Funny
Agree
Disagree
Love

Someone is going through the posts and hitting disagree on every one. There isn't a discussion going on. We are just showing pictures. Seriously, there must be something better that you can be doing with your life!!

Earlier in the summer I started knitting the Breezy Cardigan in Silky Alpaca Lace from Classic Elite. I like the yarn but it is not right for the project. I can't get the tension and my stitches don't look even. There is no way that I am going to finish a cardigan in lace weight if I don't like how it is looking. So I have decided to cut my loses and start again in tosh merino light. I think the slightly thicker yarn will make my knitting look much nicer.

Mr. Canpar visited earlier today with six huge boxes of yarn and books.

Here are the new books from Debbie Bliss.


DK and Aran weight patterns 



designs for Angel
Also in the box
4 new colours of Debbie Bliss Angel
5 new colours of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran-45, 46, 47, 50, 52. These colours are on my website but they are wrong. Here are the proper colours.

6 new colours of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Baby. Baby Cashmerino on the website is wrong as well. I took the images from my suppliers website. Not sure where they took the colours from.


4 new colours of Debbie Bliss Glen
7 colours of Debbie Bliss Riva-a new yarn

And also in the box were the new baby books and leaflets from Sirdar.
4 new colours of Crofter DK
4 new colours of Baby Crofter
1 colour of Baby Bamboo that didn't arrive with the other new colours

There are more goodies in the boxes but I am saving them for tomorrow. :)

Beth and I have watched two episodes of the new show Take the Money and Run. We thought it was going to be great. The producers are Jerry Bruckheimer (CSI) and Bertram Van Munster (The Amazing Race). Both produce shows that we watch. So far it hasn't lived up to expectations. I'm not sure if we can make it through another week.

POV competition on Big Brother tonight. Go Jeff!!

2 comments:

Nikky said...

your shawl is beautiful!

Lauraline said...

I love your color choice for the mystery shawl. It's beautiful.
I don't understand the "disagrees" either, so I disabled the disagree button in my Ravelry to stop seeing them...