Sunday, October 17, 2010

Babies

Sarah and Cathy were having a mother-daughter day yesterday and stopped by the store to see me.  A friend of Sarah asked her to make a baby shrug for her daughter to wear at Christmas.  I took a look on Ravelry for baby shrugs and found Shrug Bug.  Extremely cute and I brought yarn home to make a few.

Customers like to see how a yarn knits up and I hate making swatches.  For some reason I don't mind knitting up a yarn if it is in a garment.

I was busy knitting last night while watching baseball.  I still need to sew in the ends and put on a big button. Knit from the top down on 10mm needles-it can't be any quicker.

The pattern is available for purchase on Ravelry.

The last line of the pattern says
Put on a super cute baby, with jeans and a long sleeve onesie to keep her warm!
If you have a last minute baby gift to make I highly recommend this.

We received a shipment of Clover accessories this week.  Clover has introduced new stitch markers that are a triangle shape.  I have used them for a few projects and love them.
These stitch markers have a unique triangle shape that sets the perfect eyelet for inserting the needle in the marker as you pass it from one needle to another.
There are three sizes available
XS for 2mm-3.5mm
S for 3.75mm-5mm
M for 5.5mm-6.5mm
L for 8mm-10mm needles

It is almost football time!!  Have a great afternoon.  I hope you are taking some time to knit.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Such a darling baby shrug. :)