Saturday, August 21, 2010

Onto the next event

The Tent Sale is done.  I need to say Thank You to a few people who were instrumental in helping put on the event.  Stephanie and Sally offered their services because they thought it would be fun.  I guess they enjoyed it because they asked if they could help next year.  Thank you to these ladies who gave up their precious time to help.  Then there is my great staff-Jane, Cathy and Sarah.  Jane was in the store holding down the fort.  Cathy came in all week to help sort through the yarn, get it out and then came every day to help at the sale.  Cathy (aka the Neat Freak) was constantly going through boxes and untangling messes.  She kept like yarns together and did a great job of it.  Sarah wasn't feeling well but sucked it up every day to come and work.  She also ran to the store a few times to help out when Jane was overwhelmed with many shoppers.  I like it when there are that many people in the store.  :)

Thank you ladies!!

Now I can get onto the next event-The Knitter's Fair.  I think my shawl will be finished in time.  I have four rows to knit and then my border is done.  This is good for me because I can cut tomorrow.  I know that I said that I would invite everyone to the store to see me do it but I can't wait until later in the week.  Once the steeks are cut I have to pick up over 700 stitches.  Then there are over 60 rows to knit on these stitches.  My shawl will then have a bath in Soak and be laid out to block.  It will take at least four days to dry. After writing this I am getting nervous that it might not be finished.

I finally got a chance to look at the new yarns from madelinetosh.  YUMMY!! These won't be put on the website yet so I am going to list them here.

Pashmina (double knitting weight with 329m on a skein)
madelinetosh pashmina is a 3-ply yarn made up of 75% superwash merino wool, 15% silk and 10% cashmere, a similar fiber blend to the infamous woven pashmina scarves.
this machine washable blend is hand-dyed in small dye lots and knits up to create a soft fabric with great drape.
In Pashmina we have
Lichen-2 skeins
Sugarplum-6 skeins
Hollyhock-6 skeins
Tart-6 skeins
Rosewood-6 skeins

Tosh Merino Light
tosh merino light is a 100% superwash merino wool, single-ply fingering weight yarn.
with a generous 440 yards per skein, one skein is more than enough yardage to complete a pair of socks and two skeins can complete a full-sized lace project.
each incredibly soft skein is hand-dyed in small dye lots. 
We have 4 skeins each of
Fig
Tart
Duchess
Calligraphy
Blue Gingham
Creme de Menthe
Geranium
Bloomsbury
Molly Ringwald
La Vie en Rose

And more Tosh Sock came in the box as well
Teddy Bear

Boxwood
Bloomsbury
Creme de Menthe
La Vie en Rose
Molly Ringwald

Well Water

I am moving upstairs now to knit and relax.  Have a great evening!!

No comments: