Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Olympic Knitting

Pearl from Lorna's Laces is 51% silk and 49% bamboo. How can that be bad? I just opened a box from Lorna's with three colours. From the top-Desert Flower, Hermosa and Midway.

Lorna's Laces was owned by Lorna at one time but now Beth owns it. Beth doesn't like to discontinue colours. Desert Flower is an older colour that I found on someones website and fell in love. The box also contained Desert Flower in Shepherd Sock and Helen's Lace.

This is a close up of the Lyerka scarf. One skein of Pearl.

The Olympics are going to be starting soon and I need to figure out what I am going to knit. I keep changing my mind but there are bigger problems at hand. Beth has decided that she is going to knit a sweater as well. Yes, you did read that right. You can follow along on her blog. It is my responsibility to find her a sweater to knit. She wants to use DK weight. 4mm needles. What is she thinking? She will be lucky to get the back done by the time the Olympics ends but I can't change her mind.

No comments: