Thursday, August 06, 2009

Blast from the past

My mom called me today and was very upset (not really). How could I call her a pack rat on my blog? Dad was killing himself laughing in the background.



Alot of old stuff (patterns and very old yarn) went into the dumpster but one thing I grabbed was a bag with a few balls of Tuttofilo-a mohair/wool blend with eyelash. FABULOUS. This yarn came out when I opened my store. 22 years ago it retailed for close to $20 a ball. A sweater was over $300 and a jacket over $400. We couldn't keep this in stock-I don't know how we ended up with some left over. Beth doesn't remember much about the early days of the store but she does remember Tuttofilo.

I also found many of my old Rowan books and my copy of Aran Knitting by Alice Starmore. When this is all done I am going to set up my knitting library. I know, who am I kidding, this won't get done for a while.

Cathy and Jane worked very hard today and we are almost ready. My job tomorrow is cleaning out the drawers at the cash desk. At the end of the day we need to clear out the needles and books. I am feeling much better-the last few days I was worried we wouldn't be ready for my dad to start. And believe me, that is not something you want to encounter.

I had a visit from my Rowan rep today along with one of the very big bosses at Coats. He was in Toronto for the day visiting shops. I mentioned the Rowan website and he assured me that in about a month we will see a big difference. Much faster and easier to navigate. The free pattern section will be expanding as well.

I'm off to watch Big Brother. Please, please, pretty please, send Ronnie home!!!

2 comments:

Sally said...

I can't wait to see what it all looks like after seeing the changes today.

Wow, its going to be an even more awesome store!!


and YAY, no more Ronnie. Woo Hoo. I can't wait to see what happens next Thursday.

Unknown said...

I'm going to pretend that I didn't read anything about tossing yarn ... lalalalala ...

A more user friendly Rowan site would be nice - I liked the old site better than what they changed it to & there are endless grumblings of similar dissent on various Rowan boards.