Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Henk and Karens adventure

I have been doing a bit of knitting over the last couple of days. I am almost done the first front of my Stella cardigan. The hockey playoffs have limited my sleep so I might as well knit. The pattern is very well written (as are all Fiber Trends patterns) with the neck shaping written out row by row so you don't run into problems with the lace. I am enjoying knitting with the bamboo-I see more of it in my future.

My parents have always loved children and would have had 10 if they could have. They are in Myrtle Beach right now and some of the men who work for my dad have brought their families down for a vacation. Mom and dad decided to take the kids out last night so the adults could do their thing. They had 7 kids aged 12-17. Unfortunately their van won't sit 9 people so my dad rented a limo to take them out-a big surprise for the kids. The first stop was Johnny Rockets for dinner and then a movie (the limo driver went along to both as well). There was still some time left after the movie so they went out for milk shakes. All the kids slept over last night and when I talked with my dad this morning he was getting ready to make pancakes. My parents did some really cool stuff with us and our friends but they never rented a limo to take us out!! Yes I am pouting right now.

I'm almost finished packing for the Frolic. As always there is way too much stuff but I don't want to run out of yarn. LOL!!

The Namaste Malibu and Laguna bags just arrived today. We will have all the colours at the show on Saturday and then back in the store next week.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

It sounds like your parents need some "grandchildren"!

Samantha said...

I just posted a really long reply and blogger ate it. :( Lets try this again ...

Rhonda is a funny gal.

Your parents sound like real sweethearts. :) I'd be pouting too if I were you. LOL

The knit is gorgeous. I'm hoping to get down your way in the next week or two to buy some Super 10 Cotton. Baby Ethan needs another (bigger) cotton blankie. Hopefully life doesn't interrupt my plans to buy yarn. LOL

Michelle said...

See you at the Frolic! Will your parents adopt me?