Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I've been tardy on my posting

Here is some of my latest knitting. I started the Asymmetrical jacket from Trendsetter. The yarn came today and I couldn't resist. You cast on and work from the armhole towards the middle of the back/front and then do another piece the same. It is hard to show in a picture but I have been a bad blogger and wanted to add some colour to my post.

This is a close up of how the yarns are striping.

I also started the second front of my Kimono Jacket. The squares on this front are 1/2 the size of the other front.

Back to Sunday. First the Daytona 500-great finish!! Jeff Gordon did crash at the end, he wasn't hurt and I was happy.

Then the start of Amazing Race All Stars. I think that it is Rob and Amber's race to lose. How can some of these people be doing this for the second time and still mess it up?

Then Apprentice. It is tough to pick a winner. There are some strong people in the game.

Monday was very uneventful. I had the day off which means running around. I met with my financial advisor to do my RSPs.

Tuesday I worked and my Lattice Bag class started. The ladies got started on the bottom of their bags. They all picked very different colours so the finished bags will be interesting to see. I am going to felt my bag over the weekend.

Today I worked. Got some knitting done and am getting ready to teach class. I got a surprise in the mail today. Berroco has added new colours to the Ultra Alpaca range-heather colours. I ordered some of them and hope to have them in 3 weeks. The shade card isn't on their site yet hopefully soon.

The remaining Rowan magazines that haven't arrived yet should be in the store by the weekend-I am holding my fingers. These are the magazines for Bamboo Tape, Summer Tweed and the RYC magazines. The new yarns as well as new colours of the existing yarns should be in the box as well.

The new yarns and magazines from Nashua left the US today so they might be here by the weekend as well.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I love the colourway for the Asymmetrical jacket. Very nice. The kimono looks great too ...

I can't wait to see the bag felted. I'll bet it looks awesome.