Saturday, October 28, 2006

Lots of pictures and amazing news!!

I have been busy trying to get the store back in order after the CreativFestival. Cathy worked while I was away and did wonders straightening the shelves. Cathy is a neat freak and hates to see balls of yarn out of order. Classes resumed this week which didn't leave me much time for writing.

Jane Ellison was in the store on Wednesday teaching a workshop. I forgot to take a picture of Jane but here are some of the students working with the Noro yarns.

We received new colours of Noro Transitions in the store a few weeks ago and I have been trying to decide what I was going to knit. I decided on Holly from the cover of Jane's book Naturally Noro. I am using colour 22. So far I have finished one sleeve and am half way up the back.

Unfortunately we received another yarn that I had to knit with. Debbie Bliss has brought out a new yarn called Donegal Tweed Chunky with a new book. I am knitting the cover sweater called Kilcar in the chocolate brown (colour 3). I knit the sleeve in 2 days so the jacket should go quickly.

Yesterday morning I received a phone call from the Ford dealership. MY TRUCK ARRIVED!!! I picked it up after work today. My mom and dad are in Myrtle Beach and when I talked to mom tonight her first question was 'When are you going to get pictures on the blog?' I told her that unfortunately it was dark and rainy here so they won't be up until tomorrow. The colour is amazing. Someone tried to convince the dealership to let them buy it yesterday.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Congratulations on the truck finally arriving! Woohoo! :) The knits look great. I really love the colourway you're using for Holly. Very nice. Kilcar is going to be gorgeous. Chocolate brown is one of my favourite colours. :)

Alisha said...

Truck is good!!!! Glad it finally is here.

That chocolate brown is very nice.

I want to visit your store one day soon!!!