Monday, November 07, 2005

I am a knitting machine!!!

A lot of knitting was accomplished over the weekend. Leaf game Saturday night. Football and Nascar on Sunday. I shouldn't forget Party Poker-not a bad weekend. Lost on Saturday and then won a mini-tournament on Sunday. Ended up almost even.

My blog has been a good motivator for me. I want to get projects done to show off. This means actually completing them and for a notorious starter of things this can be torture.

I knit another Felted Christmas stocking in earth tones. It was an easy way to show another Kureyon colourway. This also let me knit from the pattern that I wrote and I found a few errors. My students will be laughing at this because I profess to never make a mistake!

I mentioned an Ann Norling wrap (Ann Norling pattern #63-7 different ponchos and wraps) that I was knitting-got it finished as well. I am going to show you what the picture looks like on the pattern and then mine finished. The back is a triangle and the front is the triangle split down the middle. I have a hard time wearing wraps like this due to my broad shoulders-the one side that you throw over your shoulder doesn't make it over mine. I adjusted for this by making one side longer. I was smart enough to make the right side longer-being right handed this leaves my hand free for writing, etc. The yarn in the original was Musique from Crystal Palace. I used Overture from SR Kertzer on 6.5mm needles (the ones that I steped on). It is mohair combined with a fine metallic railroad ribbon. The close up of the knitting is closer to the real colour of the garment. I should learn that taking pictures at night don't work.



Then I picked up one of my many UFOs. It is from the new RYC collection-book 6 Classic Winter. The yarn is Soft Tweed (56 wool, 20 viscose, 14 polyamide and 10 silk). Knitting on 8mm needles in garter stitch makes me very happy.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Loverly!! I found that my blog is a good motivator for me as well. And knowing that there are people out there in blogland waiting to see what you have knit helps UFO's get finished much more quickly!

Missed the race again on Sunday (bad me) ... The whole weekend was a bust though. I didn't know you like the Leafs ... Michael just got two tickets to a Leafs vs the Habs game in January ... row 28 -- right behind the benches (or whatever they're called in Hockey). He and Vickey's husband (who he's taking with him) are so very excited. Me, well, hockey requires ice, ice is cold and well, if I could change one thing about Canada, I would take away the cold. *lol*

I'm VERY anxious to work on my knapsack. I can't wait to learn the next step! Ack!

Have a great week! :)