Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I thought I was fairly smart until...

Starting my blog took a little more work than I anticipated. People told me that you just picked a template and started typing. Not if you want it to look different from everyone else's!!! I want to thank Wannietta and Samantha for their help and support. I have learned how to add links, change colours, insert lines and much more. There is still more to learn but time is limited. I really need a few more hours in the day.



Today I finished Skeppstra. I even sewed it together-usually I hand off to one of my knitters to finish for me. The finishing was better than the cleaning I needed to do. Brandon Mably from Rowan will be teaching for me tomorrow and I wanted the store to look amazing. This meant washing windows, sweeping, vaccumming and cleaning the toilet-YUCK.

Off to my advanced knitting class. Not really a class-they've been with me for 15 years and I can't make them leave. It is their night out and nothing gets in the way. We can have the worst snow storm and they all show up. None of them live in town-most drive an hour to get here. Luckily they know everything so I will get 2 hours to knit and get paid for it!

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Skeppstra is gorgeous!! Is it for the store or is it for you? I love the colourway.

You're welcome for the support, though I don't know if I did much. If you need any help or html codes let me know though and I'll see if I can help you. I started my blog almost a year ago and knew nothing and had to figure it all out ... that was a chore.

I hope you had fun at your knitting class, but how could you not ... knitting is fun (except when it's frustrating!!).

Julie said...

Samantha-thanks for the comments on the sweater-I really like the finished product. It is for me which means it will hang in the store for the next couple of months.

Unknown said...

You left out the rev st st zig-zag lines! It took me a bit to realize what the difference was - I thought it was just the colour.

Julie said...

Wannietta
Actually the lines are there-for some reason they didn't show up in the picture. I guess I have to work some on the photography.