Thursday, October 13, 2005

Brandon Mably

Brandon (from the Kaffe Fassett design studio) taught a workshop today in the store. Amazing!! He was hilarious-even told some off coloured jokes as well as being extremely patient. Both of these surprised me-sorry Brandon. I had visions of this stuffy Brit who yelled at students for not working fast enough and picking terrible colours. The ladies learned about mixing colours and fairisle techniques by working on the Persian Poppy chart from Kaffe Fassett. Everyone came away learning new techniques, with a new appreciation for colour. Brandon will be at the Creative Sewing and Needlework Festival in Toronto this weekend-take a workshop if you get a chance.

Now I am off to teach my Thursday night class. Another group I can't get rid of. We did have to set some ground rules for this class-wine is served only on the last night of each session.

As you can see my life consists of running a knitting shop and teaching knitting. The extra few minutes are spent working on our knitting retreat and keeping the local guild in order.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Julie,
I think there is a setting in the blogger comments so everyone has to type in a verification code so that you don't get spammers leaving comments. I only mention this because there was a comment deleted by "the blog administrator". I'm not sure if you're getting spam or if you're just testing things out, but thought I'd mention it. :)

Julie said...

Samantha
Thanks-I have changed the setting. It was spam-luckily I saw it right away and deleted.