Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Airplane

An email came out from Churchmouse Yarns this morning featuring the Airplane Scarf. Perfect timing. I made a very impulsive decision yesterday and I'm heading to Vegas on Saturday night. I looked at my calendar and it was the only time to sneak away for a few days until June or July.
When Boston-based author and long-time Churchmouse friend Alexandra Dane was in Seattle, she stopped by the shop wearing a scarf that turned our heads. Alex’s perfect airplane project (both to knit and to wear!) is a sheer tube of lace-weight mohair you can style any number of ways. It’s just the kind of thing we love—simple, simple, simple, and all about the color! We’ve added an optional dusting of tiny beads for a little sparkle.
Churchmouse Yarns knit the scarf with two strands of Rowan Kidsilk Haze on 5mm needles.
I'm going to use the new Kidsilk Lace in Pistachio.
I was emailing with Hedgehog this morning and our order is in production. It should be on the way to us next week. YAY!
Lynda sent a picture of the latest project she is working on for us. She is making Color Affection (pattern purchased on Ravelry) in Cozette from Knit One Crochet Two. The yarn is a silk cotton blend. Perfect for summer evenings.

We did some spring rearranging today.
All the colours of Hedgehog Sock Potlucks are hanging along with some complimentary colours. You can't miss it! I'm not a yellow person but when I look at all the skeins together I think I might need to knit with them.
Now I need to wind my skeins so they're ready for the plane.

No comments: